Sunday, January 23, 2011

Our newest project...

As most of you probably know, we have 6 acres that we keep our horses on.  The adjoining 4 acres, barn and house was recently foreclosed on  so we decided to purchase it.  We are closing on it at 9 a.m. in the morning and going directly over to start renovation on the house.  It is a 4 bedroom, cape cod style home that was built on 1916.  The home has been badly neglected so we really have our work cut out for us!  We already have a renter waiting to move in so our goal is to get is livable within a few weeks.  I am really excited to get started, I absolutely love fixing up old homes.  Here are a few "before" pictures to give you an idea of what we are starting with!

 This is the dining room.  I will be painting this room and having new carpet installed.

 This is the living room.  I will be painting this room as well, and having new carpet installed.

 This is the kitchen.  It actually has custom, amish-made cabinets so I expect that they will look very nice when I get them cleaned up.  I had to have 2 replacement drawers made because the former owners took them when they left.

 This is one of the downstairs bedrooms.  I will be installing new carpet in this room and just doing some general clean up.  The upstairs has 2 attic bedrooms in it.  We have to insulate due to the fact that the home has absolutely NO insulation and we also have to build closets in these 2 rooms as well as paint them.

This is the front of the home.  For now, general clean up is all we are going to be able to do because of the bad weather.  In the spring I plan to power wash the siding and paint the shutters.

No comments:

Post a Comment