Saturday, September 18, 2010

Mule Festival!

Today we went to the Clark County Mule Festival in Kahoka, Missouri.  I never knew so many people had mules... the place was packed!  They have events that you can compete in while riding your mule.  They have tons of vendors, trail rides, and a rodeo.  BJ found a mule that he really liked but they guy wanted $5000 for it, needless to say... we did NOT come home with a new mule!  You will have to excuse the quality of the pictures, I didn't take my camera with me so they pics were taken with my iphone.


How redneck is this entrance to the event?  It's a good thing we took the 4 wheel drive!



I have never seen so many mules in one place!



In this event, the contestants had to carry an egg in a spoon while riding in the arena.  They even had to trot without dropping the egg!



This was my favorite event, Mule Jumping!  The mule jumping right now was really good and took second place.  They highest jump was 52" from a stand-still!



I think this was the highlight of the day for the girls... getting to ride the hay wagon back to the car!  BTW:  I hate, hate, hate the hat BJ is wearing and if anyone wants to steal and destroy it, there is a hefty monetary incentive in it for you!



No comments:

Post a Comment