Thursday, August 11, 2011

Farmhouse Renovation... Day 7

Bj took a week off of work and we dedicated it to working on the house.  We really got a lot accomplished!  BJ got the new roof and siding on the barn.  The house is gutted and the drywall crew is starting to put it back together.  We removed the old chimney, which was one major task!  I think I chucked like 100 bricks out the upstairs window.  I decided to put the 100 year old bricks to good use and build a fire pit.  I ordered my new claw foot tub and it should be here next week.


Ok, I realize that my kitchen cabinets are in the middle of the living room floor, but really... this is progress!  I actually have drywall now! 

Kitchen - When the drop ceiling and plaster was torn out, we uncovered a gravity vent.  This should help to heat the upstairs.  We also had the lighting re-ran to change the placement.

My new back porch light!  BJ hates it.

No comments:

Post a Comment