Tuesday, September 6, 2011

2nd day in the farmhouse

 We officially moved into the farmhouse Saturday.  I have managed to unpack everything and condense from 2000 square feet down to about 1200 square feet!   We only had 30 days to get the house somewhat livable so it is definitely a work in progress but I wanted to post pics of a couple of rooms.
This is the what the living room looked like the day that we purchased the home.  We tore out the drop ceiling, panelling, plaster and lathes.  We had the room drywalled and had new carpet installed.  I primed and painted the walls and ceilings.
This is the living room now.  I still have to install new windows and trim and find a light fixture.


This is what the bathroom looked like the day we purchased the home.  We completely gutted this room.  We installed a new floor and reinforced the joists.  Put insulation in the wall and installed new fixtures.  
This is the bathroom now.  We still have to install the shower rod on the claw foot tub, put trim on the top of the wainscoting and install a new window and trim.  I also plan to install a tin ceiling.


1 comment:

  1. AWESOME transformation!~ worth the sweat & stress I've seen all of U go thru! Looks like "Home Sweet Home" SHOULD look!~ I think U'll all be cozy & happy here & I think U should become an interior decorator! (Luv Y'all! Mom/Gr'ma!:)

    ReplyDelete