Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A big day for Monroe City!

President Obama has been traveling the midwest.  He flew into Quincy, IL and visited an ethanol plant that BJ hauls out of daily.  On his way to the ethanol plant at about 11 a.m. this morning, the President decided to make an unexpected stop in Monroe City to have lunch at a local diner, Peggy Sue's Cafe.  I was in my company meeting at my office near the cafe so I had a front row seat for the event.

After ordering lunch and visiting with customers in the cafe, the President came out to shake hands with some of the locals and walked across the street to talk to employees at one of our insurance companies.

Ok, Chrissy... don't kill me for posting this picture of you!  The lady in the orange shirt is the hairdresser that did Clara's hair and make-up for Prom.  She got the opportunity to shake hands with the President.

No comments:

Post a Comment